IEEE Region 10 Section Chapter Committee is organizing ‘IEEE Region 10 Section Chapters Mini Symposium’ to train volunteers from the sections of Region 10 colocated with IEEE Region 10 Humanitarian Technology Conference (R10 HTC 2023) in Rajkot, Gujarat.
It is expected that the trained volunteers shall be able to implement and guide IEEE Sections and Chapters efficiently and effectively ensuring the quality member engagement as per IEEE standards in their respective sections.
Dates: 16 October 2023 (Monday)
Registration Link: Click here to register (No Registration Fee)
Venue: Marwadi University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Please register by 5th Oct 2023.
For effective interactions, Seats shall be filled on a first come first serve basis.
|Time (IST)||Topic||Physical Speaker|
|2:00 – 2:10 PM||Opening Remarks||Prof. Lance Fung, Director, IEEE Region 10|
|2.10 – 2:20 PM||Futuristic Directions of Sections and Chapters||Prof. Takako Hashimoto, Director Elect, R10|
|2:20 – 2.40 PM||Policies and Proceedures of IEEE Sections and Chapters||Dr. Abhishek Appaji, IEEE Region 10 Section Chapter Committee|
|2.40 – 2.50 PM||Best Practices: IEEE SPS Gujarat Chapter||Prof. Chirag Panuwala, IEEE SPS Gujarat Chapter|
|2:50 – 3:00 PM||Best Practices: IEEE Sensor Council Gujarat Section||Prof. Anil Roy, IEEE Sensor Council Gujarat Section|
|3:00 - 3:45 PM||Panel Discussion on Challenges and Opportunities of Sections and Chapters||Prof. Prerana Gaur, India Council Elect Dr. Kojiro Nishimiya, R10 Section Chapter Committee|
|3:45 - 4PM||Q&A Closing Remarks||Attendees and Speakers|
What to expect?
IEEE Section Chapter symposium is a platform for IEEE R10 Sections and Technical Society chapters to network, engage and collaborate. It is one of its kind of opportunity to learn the best chapter management strategies from the outstanding society chapters and learn through the experiences of outstanding chapter officers. The event will discuss and deliberate on best practices for Society chapter management and how sections can collaborate and support their chapters.
Section Chairs/ Chapter Chairs/Section Chapter Coordinators should nominate officers to attend/ or Self-nominate to attend. The attendees shall seek funding support approval from their parent Section/ Chapter to fund their expenses (including but not limited to travel + accommodation).
- Chapters will be able to establish and maintain a communication channel with other Section Chapter coordinators. It will help in promoting and assisting major Chapter events and TCS conferences in R10 sections.
- This program will be a unique platform for promoting and encouraging inter and intra Section, subsection, chapter collaboration
- Society Chapters get exposure to Best practices happening in other sections society chapters
- Sections get exposure to work closely with Society chapters and discuss collaborative models being undertaken at their home sections
- Society chapters get exposure to participate and organise sessions in International programs with other section chapters.
- Societies may find it interesting and support their constituent chapters across IEEE Region 10
- Sessions for best practices by MGA, Societies, chapters, and student branch chapters.
For any queries, contact, Members of Section Chapter Committee Dr. Abhishek Appaji (email@example.com) or Dr. Kojiro Nishimiya (firstname.lastname@example.org)